Merry Roxmas from Marie & Per!
2011 turned out to be something very special indeed. We don’t really know where to start! The ”She’s Got Nothing On”-single that made it all the way to the-4th-most-played-song-in-the-world for a couple of weeks? The Charm School album that felt like the perfect comeback for this young couple? Or The World Tour that kicked off in February? Oh yeah, let’s start there!
No one expected this kind of reception we got from you guys, we couldn’t even dream of filling huge arenas again. Almost 800,000 people came to the shows this year. That’s an awful lot of tickets!
And you know, we say it again and again, nothing would have been possible without the support, friendship, love + affection we get on a daily basis from YOU; The Rox Aficionados all over the world!!! You make things so much easier.
We certainly hope we’ll meet all of you again in 2012. Looks like this tour will have another 65 shows to go before the finale in October. New cities + new countries are in the can as well as some jolly returns to favourite places.
And, hey, as we’re writing this... we’re just wrapping up the recordings of the new T2 – Tourism 2-album. It feels like we’re having a splendid one coming up, recorded while touring, filled with the positive energy from you + from the superb bunch of musicians we’re blessed to work with.
We la-la-la-la-love it! Have a feeling you’re gonna love it too!
So, folks…..have a wonderful xmas + a mighty 2012.
Marie + Per
More 2012 dates!
ROXETTE RETURNS TO SOUTH AMERICA IN 2012
2011 has been an amazing year for Roxette with a fantastic world tour and the great success of the new album Charm School. During the first nine months of their world tour they have played to over 800,000 fans at 79 concerts in 31 countries. Next year Roxette will continue to tour in venues throughout Australia, Europe, Asia, South America and South Africa.
Due to the overwhelming response Roxette received when they visited South America earlier this year, Roxette has decided to return and in April 2012. The band will play in Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Argentina and Brazil. Tickets will be released soon.
Roxette’s album Charm School was released by EMI earlier this year. Charm School has reached the No. 1 spot in several countries. In March next year a new album called T2- Tourism 2 will be released worldwide.
Tour dates 2012
11.2 Auckland, Vector Arena (New Zeeland)
14.2 Brisbane, Entertainment Centre (Australia)
16.2 Sydney, Sydney Entertainment (Australia)
17.2 Sydney, Entertainment Centre (Australia)
18.2 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena (Australia)
20.2 Adelaide Adelaide Entertainment Centre (Australia)
22.2 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena (Australia)
24.2 Brisbane, Brisbane Entertainment Centre (Australia)
25.2 Sydney, Entertainment Centre (Australia)
28.2 Perth, Challenge Stadium (Australia)
29.2 Perth, Challenge Stadium (Australia)
3.3 Jakarta, Indoor Tennis Stadium (Indonesia)
6.3 Singapore, Singapore Indoor Stadium (Singapore)
8.3 Hong Kong, Convention Center (Hong Kong)
17.4 Quito, Coliseo Ruminahui (Ecuador)
19.4 Bogota, Parque Simon Bolivar (Colombia)
21.4 Lima, Explanada Estadio Monumental (Peru)
24.4 Buenos Aires, Luna Park (Argentina)
26.4 Neuquen, Ruca Che (Argentina)
28.4 Mar del Plata, Polideportivo (Argentina)
30.4 Rosario, Metropolitano (Argentina)
3.5 Cordoba, Orfeo (Argentina)
5.5 Asuncion, Yacht Club (Paraguay)
8.5 Curitiba, Teatro Positivo (Brazil)
10.5 Sao Paulo, Credicard Hall (Brazil)
12.5 Rio de Janeiro, Citibank Hall (Brazil)
15.5 Brasilia, Nilson Nelson (Brazil)
18.5 Recife, Chevrolet Hall (Brazil)
3.6 Johannesburg, Coca-Cola Dome (South Africa)
5.6 Durban, ICC Durban Arena (South Africa)
8.6 Cape Town, Grand Arena (South Africa)
Dates still to be added.
Roxette adds more dates to the 2012 world tour
Roxette adds more dates to the Neverending Tour! This time it's Asia, Australia and South Africa. More dates to be announced soon...
Bid on unique artwork by Marie Fredriksson
Marie has drawn a charcoal piece called "Tre vänner" ("Three Friends") which is being auctioned out.
All profits from the auction go towards the Child Diabetes Fund, and is arranged by the Child Diabetes Fund together with the medical company Eli Lilly along with the Swedish Auction Office.
November 14 is World Diabetes Day. This is also the last day of the auction. Many Swedish celebrities have donated objects to this auction.
The auction is available at Auktionsverket and www.stadsauktion.se until November 14, and anyone can place a bid!
Vikunja opening for Roxette - again
Halmstad based band Vikunja opened for Roxette in Halmstad last August and were personally invited by Per Gessle to open for Roxette again, in The Globe, Stockholm on Thursday and in Malmö Arena on Friday.
Martin Larsson from Vikunja, how does this feel?
- It feels great! Per is apparently a big fan and really pushed for having us opening "back home in Sweden" and we were available so here we are... After the concert in Halmstad it felt awesome, and then we had a few setbacks, for instance we wanted Christoffer Lundquist to produce our upcoming promo EP, but he didn't have time as he's on the road with Roxette all the time. And we felt that we wanted the EP put together sooner than 2012. These concerts came in the nick of time, It's now or never, ha ha!
This promo EP, can you describe it?
- We want, or need, to do it a bit like Gyllene Tider did; have a finished product to show the record companies. If and when they say 'we want this band' the record is already finished and can be released instantly.
Gyllene Tider you say... is Per Gessle any influence on Vikunja, or who is?
- Our guitars sound a bit like Roxette's, we also like riffs that stand out. Roxette is a tremendous band I think. Charm School is amazing! I also like Per's Mazarin. He can do so many styles. Other influences are Oasis, The Who, Coldplay, The Killers, Pink Floyd, you know, that kind.
And who did you get to produce, as Chris didn't have time?
- We wanted Chris, as I said, and then he couldn't do it so we looked into the guy who produced Håkan Hellström's latest album and then Oskar Linnros or Joshua, but then our manager is friends with Mats Valentin who has worked with for instance Kelly Clarkson. He has time to do it and he really wants to as well. We'll be recording in Storm Studios in Stockholm, the same studio where Veronica Maggio's Satan i gatan was recorded. We are stoked!
Any special preparation for the two big concerts?
- Yes, when we played in Halmstad we were four guys playing, this time we'll still be the four guys, but with backing tracks! It sounds way better with strings, horns, background vocals, effects. We did a concert with Tove Styrke that was very appreciated. It sounded really nice. Oh and our guitarist forgot to tell the audience who we were in Halmstad! He never said it!! So this time we'll say it between every song and also we have a backdrop!